Things to Do Instead of Texting While Driving
How much of your time do you spend driving? Most of us drive somewhere every single day. We drive to work and back, to the grocery store, to drop our children off at school, the list goes on. Because we spend so much time driving, it becomes a repetitive task, and we get used to being on the road. When we’re driving, it can be easy to get distracted. We may get bored when there’s more traffic than usual. This is when we tend to make the mistake of pulling out our phone. It’s a dangerous temptation that we should learn to avoid.
There are other things we can focus on while stopped at a stop light, instead of checking our phones.
- Can you guess what the number one most important thing we can focus on while driving is? That’s right, the road!! Keep your eyes on the road instead of texting.
- Focus on the signs posted beside the road. They are there for a reason. Watching the sides of the road will inform you what the speed limit is, when there’s a deer crossing zone, a school zone, etc.
- Create a playlist of your favorite music, and start streaming it before you put the car in Drive. There’s not much that’s more entertaining than music. Sing as loud as you can to your favorite song.
- Ponder upon the meaning of life.
- Plan dinner for the family. Make a mental list of the things you need from the grocery store.
- Think of something sweet to do for your significant other to put a smile on their face.
- Re-visit your New Year’s Resolutions. Reflect on what you’ve accomplished, and what you need to strive to improve on.
- If you’ve got friends with you, talk with them.
- Bring your family along with you to look at your phone for you, when needed.
- If your family is with you, sing “Don’t Stop Believin’,” (or a song of choice) as loud as you possibly can.
Don’t daydream or get too distracted. Instead, use these tips to entertain you while stopped at a light. Please always drive with extreme caution.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.